Thursday, December 5, 2013

Winter is here!!!

Snow has come to stay!  We went to bed with a brown outside and woke up to a stark white winter wonderland!!  I held Audrey in front of the window that first day and she just watched it silently.  I wish I could know what she was thinking.  So far we have been staying inside but yesterday and today Audrey and I ventured out.  We only were out for a matter of minutes but we bundled right up.  She even wore shoes for the first time.  She seemed to have a good time.  The snow has brought good things and bad.  The bad: it's cold, I hate driving in it, I worry about Andrew walking home in it, and it has greatly reduced if not completely taken away mine and Audrey's outside time.  Even grocery shopping without Andrew is not much of an option anymore- for driving reasons but also because of how impossible it already was to bring in the carseat and carry bags of groceries in the house.  With snow and ice to slip on I don't dare try.
But like I said there are also good fun things about it.  The good: the view of the snow covered mountains are incomparable. So beautiful, it's almost worth the cold.  Another thing I've been loving about the snow is that it brightens up our living room considerably.  Usually I need turn on a light in kitchen during the day but with the snow outside I don't need to.  But of course the number one good thing it has brought to us is a new first for Audrey.  Her first winter!

getting ready to go outside!

uncle luke's old hat

shoes from uncle hyrum

sunlight reflecting off the snow brightening our whole house!
watching miracle on 34th street!
my christmas baby!!!!!

1 comment:

Hanaike House said...

She is so cute! One of these days, or years actually, we are going to send Luke to you in the winter so he can finally touch snow.

Tags

30 things (3) 4th (3) Alaska (5) Arizona (6) art (2) Audrey-isms (26) Baby #2 (25) Baby #3 (5) Baby #4 (1) Baby Girl #1 (57) back to school feast (1) backyard (8) beach (4) Best Things About Utah List (9) Birth Stories (1) birthdays (4) books (8) bravery magazine (1) BYU sports (1) california (10) camping (2) Christmas (36) church (7) college (1) cousins (19) dad time (4) days (5) DI treasures (1) Dobbins (17) dreams (3) easter (3) Elijah (22) fall (14) Family (66) family history (2) family pictures (2) fatherhood (3) FHE (2) food (2) Friends (44) future hillary (10) goals (8) God (5) Good Old Salt Lake (28) graduations (2) grandparents (5) hair journeys (3) Halloween (4) Hanaikes (12) Hannah (19) Hilarity (11) hobbies (2) holidays (13) Home (24) house (2) Jesus Christ (6) Journal Moments (47) Just us (13) Kaia (1) Learning (7) Life before marriage (17) Life in Provo (86) Love (21) memories (4) Menieres (14) mommydaughterdates (4) mother/son time (1) Motherhood (45) mothers day (1) Movies (27) My small and simple things (20) nature (22) New Years (4) north salt lake life (52) ocean (13) parenthood (25) passions (2) pets (2) poly pride (2) ponds (1) pregnancy (6) princesses (4) projects (1) Random (24) religion (7) role models (2) Samantha (1) School (15) self improvement (1) sewing (4) shows (2) sister and brothers (9) sisters (12) sisters and brothers (12) sleeping cuteness (9) Songs (3) spring (5) summer (20) temples (7) tender mercies (16) this dobbins crew (15) traditions (8) updates (6) Vacations (20) Valentines Day (1) Videos (11) visits (11) winter (5) wonderful weekends (10) work (3)