Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Sacred Gifts and Christmas lights

I blogged before about the new art exhibit at BYU called Sacred Gifts and how excited I was to go see it.  We went on the 23rd as a Christmas treat and I have to say it did not disappoint.  I had guessed in the previous post that some of the paintings would bring me to tears and sure enough they did.  It was mostly just private moments of teary eyes as I looked at certain ones and read the commentary.  Audrey did great.  She sat in the stroller with a toy looking around and occasionally letting out a little yell or two.  Other than that I was surprised at her calmness and reverence.  She let both Andrew and I experience each painting and I really believe she sensed the strong spirit that was there surrounding each one.  Andrew and I both agree that it was an unforgettable experience and we were so happy and grateful that Audrey did so well.  That right there is a tender mercy from the Lord.


These were mine and Andrew's favorites from the exhibit.  Maybe someday I will write about why we loved these ones in particular.  I don't think we were allowed to take pictures so these are pictures from the internet of the actual exhibit:





No comments:

Tags

30 things (3) 4th (3) Alaska (5) Arizona (6) art (2) Audrey-isms (26) Baby #2 (25) Baby #3 (5) Baby #4 (1) Baby Girl #1 (57) back to school feast (1) backyard (8) beach (4) Best Things About Utah List (9) Birth Stories (1) birthdays (4) books (8) bravery magazine (1) BYU sports (1) california (10) camping (2) Christmas (36) church (7) college (1) cousins (19) dad time (4) days (5) DI treasures (1) Dobbins (17) dreams (3) easter (3) Elijah (22) fall (14) Family (66) family history (2) family pictures (2) fatherhood (3) FHE (2) food (2) Friends (44) future hillary (10) goals (8) God (5) Good Old Salt Lake (28) graduations (2) grandparents (5) hair journeys (3) Halloween (4) Hanaikes (12) Hannah (19) Hilarity (11) hobbies (2) holidays (13) Home (24) house (2) Jesus Christ (6) Journal Moments (47) Just us (13) Kaia (1) Learning (7) Life before marriage (17) Life in Provo (86) Love (21) memories (4) Menieres (14) mommydaughterdates (4) mother/son time (1) Motherhood (45) mothers day (1) Movies (27) My small and simple things (20) nature (22) New Years (4) north salt lake life (52) ocean (13) parenthood (25) passions (2) pets (2) poly pride (2) ponds (1) pregnancy (6) princesses (4) projects (1) Random (24) religion (7) role models (2) Samantha (1) School (15) self improvement (1) sewing (4) shows (2) sister and brothers (9) sisters (12) sisters and brothers (12) sleeping cuteness (9) Songs (3) spring (5) summer (20) temples (7) tender mercies (16) this dobbins crew (15) traditions (8) updates (6) Vacations (20) Valentines Day (1) Videos (11) visits (11) winter (5) wonderful weekends (10) work (3)