A new name and a new look (thanks to Andrew) for our blog! Still a work in progress but since I am pursuing this thing whole heartedly again we thought it'd be fun to redo things a little. See the 'about me' section on the side here for a brief explanation for the name. And see here in this VERY blog post for a little longer version:
I'm amazed every day at how quickly things can change around here. Emotions and moods...all of us (except Andrew, honestly- plus he's at work all day). Me and these three kids are on a roller coaster all day it seems here at home. I often go from annoyance, impatience, and anger with these loud little screaming crazies to tearing up with happiness watching my darling innocent angel children playing together so sweetly- all within like 10 minutes. And that's how it is all day, back and forth.
I love the sweet moments best and that's what I want more of and what I want to remember most. I know things aren't necessarily going to get 'easier' no matter what I do really- this is the life we've chosen and the years are only going to bring more challenges I'm sure. But those sweet moments are quite fulfilling and they make my life beautiful.
I am passionate about family life. I believe in it completely. I believe it's the key to a happier more functional society. I've chosen to be a stay-at-home mom in part because of this belief. To pursue my family like it's both my family and my career, because it's more important than anything else I could do. Everyone has different preferences and that's awesome. This is what I believe personally.
SO this blog is all about how even though our family life is messy and nuts a lot of the time, full of worry, heart-wrenching and heartwarming all at once, it still makes for a most wonderful and beautiful life.
And thats what I want to remember, what I want this blog to be about when we look at it in the future. Menieres and all. I started this thing in 2009 when Andrew was still on his mission! I was just about to turn 20. I just wanted somewhere to write things and put pictures. My blog was my friend because it was me telling myself about good memories, college, and being brave away from home. And that's why after almost a year break now I've jumped into it again recently. To tell myself to be brave and to see this beautiful life for what it is when I get worried or overwhelmed. Ah pictures. Pictures of my kids are always good medicine for me.
So when I write a blog post about mean Menieres or other difficulties in life I won't be able to close the computer without being reminded, in bold pink letters at the top there, that this is still a beautiful life that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have meant for me.
So thank you for reading! It means a lot to me.
Two of my favorite quotes I've gathered through these family years:
"I believe in the power of tradition."
-Stephanie Neilson-
"No one ever looks back and says, 'I wish I held my baby less.'"
-Anonymous-
Both of these run through my head quite frequently lately as our life gets back on track from pregnancy and new newborn life. Especially the second one.
1 comment:
Love the new look Hillary! ... and love the quotes!
Post a Comment