This post will be mostly a vent. It will probably be immature, so feel free to not read it. That is my disclaimer. You've been warned.
Why can't people just be happy for me that I'm married? Some people, some of my closest friends, have nothing good to say about the fact that I'm married now. They don't say bad things, but they make it clear that it just doesn't work for them. Maybe it's because of how my marriage has changed the other relationships that I already had in my life. Any marriage does, though, it's the coming together of two lives. And yes maybe we can't hang out as much as we used to, and maybe I can't pay as much attention to other friendships as I used to, and maybe I don't have as much time to talk as before.....but I would think that if my own family could accept all those things and be supportive of me, despite the changes it creates in relationships with them...then other people should be able to deal with it too. They can't just be happy that I am happy. It bothers me and it hurts my feelings. Lives change and we all end up in different places at different times. I want this person to stop trying to make me feel guilty for my life moving at a different pace than theirs.
And that is my vent. It always feels good to get it out.
Why can't people just be happy for me that I'm married? Some people, some of my closest friends, have nothing good to say about the fact that I'm married now. They don't say bad things, but they make it clear that it just doesn't work for them. Maybe it's because of how my marriage has changed the other relationships that I already had in my life. Any marriage does, though, it's the coming together of two lives. And yes maybe we can't hang out as much as we used to, and maybe I can't pay as much attention to other friendships as I used to, and maybe I don't have as much time to talk as before.....but I would think that if my own family could accept all those things and be supportive of me, despite the changes it creates in relationships with them...then other people should be able to deal with it too. They can't just be happy that I am happy. It bothers me and it hurts my feelings. Lives change and we all end up in different places at different times. I want this person to stop trying to make me feel guilty for my life moving at a different pace than theirs.
And that is my vent. It always feels good to get it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment