Yesterday, Andrew and I had the opportunity to watch President Packer's amazing CES Devotional on the BYU channel. After it had finished and I was getting up to turn off the TV, I heard three little words from it that made me stop in my tracks. The words were, "Up next: Avonlea." And there went the rest of our evening.
Oh Avonlea. It's happy, it's sad, it's heartbreaking, and it's hilarious. I can't even describe how much I love that show. It's my comfort food. Chocolate doesn't do it for me. Avonlea does.

Here are some of my favorite funny quotes from it. Just because.
Rachel-“Them skinny girls are the first to go.”
Marilla- “Then you have nothing to worry about, Rachel. You'll live to a ripe old age.” (Of Corsets and Secrets and True Love)
Rachel- “You have the nerve of a canal horse!”
Hetty- “Well at least I don't have its figure.” (Malcolm and the Baby)
Hetty- “The devil's in most people... not me mind you, but most.” (Aunt Hetty’s Ordeal)
Felix- “You're really strange! I want to get rid of my family.” (Aunt Hetty’s Ordeal)
Felicity- “All right Felix here's a tip, don't brush your teeth with a brick.” {The Dinner}
Felix- “Willll the summer end without myyyy being kissed?” (How Kissing Was Discovered)
Janet- “Felicity, if you slam the door in the face of every boy who puts his foot in his mouth, you're going to need iron hinges. “
Felix- “Oh, Gus! Meet my sister- or should I say my peerless flower Felicity.” (How Kissing Was Discovered)
Felicity- “Talk is cheap Sally Potts, and so are you.” {High Society}
Felix- “If more adults were deaf, there would be more honesty in children.” {Proof of the Pudding}
Felicity- “Thank you Gus. Beneath your vagabond clothing beats the heart of a true gentleman.” {How Kissing Was Discovered}
Felix- “Hmm... These tarts need a little something... How about some poison berries- maybe a pinch of sawdust.” (Proof of the Pudding)
Felicity- “Mrs. Potts would give advice to a tree if it'd listen.” (Dreamer of Dreams)
Alec- “Lets not be coy Janet. Everyone knows that you chased me like a bull terrier.” {How Kissing Was Discovered)
Felicity- “Will I have to be married, have three children, and be an old hag before you think I'm grown up?”
Janet- “Was I just insulted?” (Heirs and Graces)
Felicity- “I'm going to have two children, none of which will look anything like Felix.” {The Disappearance}
Alec- “Believe me, Jasper, compared to the rest of your family you're normal- maybe even to the point of boring.” (Tug of War)
Hetty- “I heard it directly from the horse’s mouth.”
Alec- “Rachel Lynde.” (Jasper's Home Movie)
Marilla- “That's a bandage for fat people.” (Of Corsets, Secrets, and True True Love)
Peter Craig- “Oh, everyone knows everything about everyone in Avonlea.” (The Journey Begins)
Felix- "You're like an ocean breeze... not that you smell like fish or anything." (Woman of Importance)
Gus- “Better than kissn' my dog." (How Kissing was Discovered)
Marilla- "Rachel, I never cease being amazed by your lack of tact."
Rachel- "I have no tact. I'm noted for that." (Quarantine at Alexander Abraham's)
Rachel- "When your heart skips a beat, it isn't love, its indigestion.” (Ah... Sweet Mystery of Life)
Felix- "Felicity, how do I look?"
Felicity - "Why ask me, you already know what I think of you." (Comings and Goings)
Gus- "Look at that, she's doin' a play." (Aunt Hetty's Ordeal)
Sara- "You're right Felicity. There are a lot of cherries in your pies." (Proof of the Pudding)
Mrs. Sloane - "Where does she find those hats?"
Mrs. Bugle- "There isn't an ostrich alive that hasn't been plucked bald." (The Minister's Wife)
Oh Avonlea. It's happy, it's sad, it's heartbreaking, and it's hilarious. I can't even describe how much I love that show. It's my comfort food. Chocolate doesn't do it for me. Avonlea does.

Here are some of my favorite funny quotes from it. Just because.
Rachel-“Them skinny girls are the first to go.”
Marilla- “Then you have nothing to worry about, Rachel. You'll live to a ripe old age.” (Of Corsets and Secrets and True Love)
Rachel- “You have the nerve of a canal horse!”
Hetty- “Well at least I don't have its figure.” (Malcolm and the Baby)
Hetty- “The devil's in most people... not me mind you, but most.” (Aunt Hetty’s Ordeal)
Felix- “You're really strange! I want to get rid of my family.” (Aunt Hetty’s Ordeal)
Felicity- “All right Felix here's a tip, don't brush your teeth with a brick.” {The Dinner}
Felix- “Willll the summer end without myyyy being kissed?” (How Kissing Was Discovered)
Janet- “Felicity, if you slam the door in the face of every boy who puts his foot in his mouth, you're going to need iron hinges. “
Felix- “Oh, Gus! Meet my sister- or should I say my peerless flower Felicity.” (How Kissing Was Discovered)
Felicity- “Talk is cheap Sally Potts, and so are you.” {High Society}
Felix- “If more adults were deaf, there would be more honesty in children.” {Proof of the Pudding}
Felicity- “Thank you Gus. Beneath your vagabond clothing beats the heart of a true gentleman.” {How Kissing Was Discovered}
Felix- “Hmm... These tarts need a little something... How about some poison berries- maybe a pinch of sawdust.” (Proof of the Pudding)
Felicity- “Mrs. Potts would give advice to a tree if it'd listen.” (Dreamer of Dreams)
Alec- “Lets not be coy Janet. Everyone knows that you chased me like a bull terrier.” {How Kissing Was Discovered)
Felicity- “Will I have to be married, have three children, and be an old hag before you think I'm grown up?”
Janet- “Was I just insulted?” (Heirs and Graces)
Felicity- “I'm going to have two children, none of which will look anything like Felix.” {The Disappearance}
Alec- “Believe me, Jasper, compared to the rest of your family you're normal- maybe even to the point of boring.” (Tug of War)
Hetty- “I heard it directly from the horse’s mouth.”
Alec- “Rachel Lynde.” (Jasper's Home Movie)
Marilla- “That's a bandage for fat people.” (Of Corsets, Secrets, and True True Love)
Peter Craig- “Oh, everyone knows everything about everyone in Avonlea.” (The Journey Begins)
Felix- "You're like an ocean breeze... not that you smell like fish or anything." (Woman of Importance)
Gus- “Better than kissn' my dog." (How Kissing was Discovered)
Marilla- "Rachel, I never cease being amazed by your lack of tact."
Rachel- "I have no tact. I'm noted for that." (Quarantine at Alexander Abraham's)
Rachel- "When your heart skips a beat, it isn't love, its indigestion.” (Ah... Sweet Mystery of Life)
Felix- "Felicity, how do I look?"
Felicity - "Why ask me, you already know what I think of you." (Comings and Goings)
Gus- "Look at that, she's doin' a play." (Aunt Hetty's Ordeal)
Sara- "You're right Felicity. There are a lot of cherries in your pies." (Proof of the Pudding)
Mrs. Sloane - "Where does she find those hats?"
Mrs. Bugle- "There isn't an ostrich alive that hasn't been plucked bald." (The Minister's Wife)
1 comment:
Your mom let me borrow all of her Avonlea's DVD's..I just loved all of them...I could have watched them all day.
Post a Comment