GIRL, of course!!!
Hanaike/Dobbins Granddaughter Number 4 will be joining the very girly group of cousins in late March!! Yup this is grandchild number four and grandDAUGHTER number four for both sides of our families, without a boy in sight.
(We don't have ultrasound pictures to upload because they didn't give us a disc like they did with Audrey. So for now pictures of this baby can be found on our fridge…feel free to stop by if you want to see them :).)
We are very happy and grateful that she is who she is and that she is coming! With Audrey's favorite movie being Frozen, I guess we should've known that she's been wanting a sister. Our little Elsa is getting her very own Anna! She's going to be such a great big sister. It's funny because when we were looking around for a 'big sister' shirt for Audrey months before knowing the gender, the only one we could find was a Frozen shirt that said "Sisters Forever." I almost bought it absentmindedly (like seriously I was walking up the register with it) because it just never occurred to me that it wouldn't be a girl! She's just so meant to be.
I think my favorite thing about pregnancy (and it's a short list) is feeling the baby moving inside me. Right now she is still really down low so that it's almost like butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I'm finally showing and Audrey always lifts up my shirt and pats my tummy! I don't think she has any idea that she's getting a sibling…maybe she just thinks I'm being funny making my tummy bigger. But it's nice now that we are able to use the word 'sister' instead of 'baby' when we refer to my tummy. She knows what a baby is and she knows what a tummy is so I think she was getting pretty confused why we were suddenly calling my tummy 'baby' when it sure doesn't look like a baby to her.
Honestly, we're also very excited about not having to buy too much stuff for this new arrival! Our apartment is small and getting smaller as Audrey gets bigger, so any space we can save is good news. We have all the baby girl clothes we will need for up to about 2 years old and we will only get more as Audrey gets older. I hope this new little sweetheart won't mind hand-me-downs…cause she will be living much of her life in them for awhile. Being a younger sister myself, I have to say that I never really did mind hand-me-downs. When I'd see Julia get something new that I particularly liked I don't think I very often felt jealous because I knew that I'd probably get a chance to wear it anyway! Although that all changed as we became teenagers…we stopped growing pretty early in life and so it got to the point that when Julia got something new she was keeping it until she got sick of it. So I think we're pretty safe for at least the next ten years or so. After that….well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it! With every baby I want to buy a special little outfit just for them so I'm very excited for that in the next few days!!
Ever since we found out we've been saying "our girls" this and "our girls" that. I love saying "our girls." Andrew doesn't mind being outnumbered and I don't think he ever will….until the teenage years perhaps. Another bridge we'll cross, uh, later. I'll blog again sometime about how I'm feeling emotionally…for now I just want to say that it has gotten a lot better.
We love our girls and we're so excited to meet Audrey's little sister!
1 comment:
Well, you made me cry. We are so excited!
Post a Comment