The other day I was having quite an emotional moment. I was sitting on the floor in the our bedroom leaning against our bed having a good cry when my Audrey walks in, puts her hand on my cheek, and leans down to smile at me. She then gave me kiss after kiss and hug after hug. This only made me cry more which probably confused her. She then walked out of the room on her teeny tiny legs and I stayed where I was trying to pull myself together and get on with the day. Moments later I heard a strange sound from the other room, and looked up to see my sweet girl dragging her box of stuffed animals into our bedroom. She brought it right near me, reached in and handed me her little stuffed monkey. Then reached in again and handed me a doll. Then a bunny. Minnie Mouse. Ernie. Her favorite dog. She handed me as many stuffed animals as I could hold. Then just hung out with me in the room until I was ready to keep going.
Im sitting here getting all teared up as I type this. Because I just love that girl so much. So so much. She means everything to me. She is such an individual, so feisty and spunky, but also so very very kind and loving and sweet. I want her to know so many things about how I feel about her. Since then there have been other moments of her comforting me and just showing me such love that only a child can give.
So now this entry will serve as a reminder for me when things are hard and scary and overwhelming when this new baby of ours comes. Audrey's first year of life was SO hard. And yet she is the kid who makes me want to have more kids. Because it was also SO wonderful. It's like she's always been with us. That's how it will be with this new baby girl. I am still nervous about so many things about life with two kids, but I want her so bad. I want my new little girl, she has always been a part of me, and I long to meet her finally and feel that life is that much more complete, I am that much more fulfilled. Someday soon we won't even be able to remember her not being here.
To love and be loved. By family, by friends. A parent, a sibling, a significant other, children, cousins, close friends. There just nothing else in this life that compares. To me there is nothing more important, or more wonderful.
Im sitting here getting all teared up as I type this. Because I just love that girl so much. So so much. She means everything to me. She is such an individual, so feisty and spunky, but also so very very kind and loving and sweet. I want her to know so many things about how I feel about her. Since then there have been other moments of her comforting me and just showing me such love that only a child can give.
So now this entry will serve as a reminder for me when things are hard and scary and overwhelming when this new baby of ours comes. Audrey's first year of life was SO hard. And yet she is the kid who makes me want to have more kids. Because it was also SO wonderful. It's like she's always been with us. That's how it will be with this new baby girl. I am still nervous about so many things about life with two kids, but I want her so bad. I want my new little girl, she has always been a part of me, and I long to meet her finally and feel that life is that much more complete, I am that much more fulfilled. Someday soon we won't even be able to remember her not being here.
| a few days old |
| now |
To love and be loved. By family, by friends. A parent, a sibling, a significant other, children, cousins, close friends. There just nothing else in this life that compares. To me there is nothing more important, or more wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment