Thursday, October 31, 2013

More tender mercies


(SEE PREVIOUS POST)

As mentioned before, dishes have lately been a source of discouragement for me.  My greatest desire right now is to take care of my family and to me that also means taking care of our home.  My first priority is Audrey, always and completely.  But because of how often she has been needing to be held or needing to eat lately (I think she might be going through a growth spurt), the dishes were getting overwhelming this week.  I prayed that I would somehow be able to find time and energy to do them.  And of course you know what happened.  I was able to get all but a few of them done.  I was able to do them in two parts: one when she slept and the other when she played with her mobile for an abnormally long amount of time without getting bored.  It’s so amazing to me that God takes the time to bless me with things like this that seem insignificant and NOT life changing.  He cares about my happiness from day to day, and today my happiness may have depended on getting those dishes done.  I’ve had a really wonderful day and I know that Heavenly Father made it so.

I had a sweet moment with Audrey today while we were reading some of her books.  She was so smiley and so cuddly, I could hardly keep from squeezing her tighter than I should.  (Don’t worry, I didn’t!  I did, however, smother her with kisses, which she smiled at even more!)  I incorporate a new book or two into our reading time every few weeks and today I read to her “Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You,” a book my mom gave me a few years ago.  As I read she sat contentedly in my lap looking at the pictures and listening to my voice.  The words of the book seem to come exactly from my own heart and I got a little teary as I read them to her.  At the same time she smiled.  BIG.  And it was quite a moment for me.  I have no idea if she could sense the emotion coming from me, but she seemed to snuggle in a little more.  And my heart filled up and overflowed with love for my life.  And I know that that moment came directly from my Father in Heaven.

There is so much happiness to be had in life!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!


1 comment:

melanie hanaike said...

Wow.. I got that book for Emily,too.. And even though we have read it at least a dozen times, I still get a little choked up.. But in a good way :-) Because even when she was still in my tummy, I felt that way about her.. Such a sweet book. I'm sooo happy for you and Andrew. Love you three. -melanie

Tags

30 things (3) 4th (3) Alaska (5) Arizona (6) art (2) Audrey-isms (26) Baby #2 (25) Baby #3 (5) Baby #4 (1) Baby Girl #1 (57) back to school feast (1) backyard (8) beach (4) Best Things About Utah List (9) Birth Stories (1) birthdays (4) books (8) bravery magazine (1) BYU sports (1) california (10) camping (2) Christmas (36) church (7) college (1) cousins (19) dad time (4) days (5) DI treasures (1) Dobbins (17) dreams (3) easter (3) Elijah (22) fall (14) Family (66) family history (2) family pictures (2) fatherhood (3) FHE (2) food (2) Friends (44) future hillary (10) goals (8) God (5) Good Old Salt Lake (28) graduations (2) grandparents (5) hair journeys (3) Halloween (4) Hanaikes (12) Hannah (19) Hilarity (11) hobbies (2) holidays (13) Home (24) house (2) Jesus Christ (6) Journal Moments (47) Just us (13) Kaia (1) Learning (7) Life before marriage (17) Life in Provo (86) Love (21) memories (4) Menieres (14) mommydaughterdates (4) mother/son time (1) Motherhood (45) mothers day (1) Movies (27) My small and simple things (20) nature (22) New Years (4) north salt lake life (52) ocean (13) parenthood (25) passions (2) pets (2) poly pride (2) ponds (1) pregnancy (6) princesses (4) projects (1) Random (24) religion (7) role models (2) Samantha (1) School (15) self improvement (1) sewing (4) shows (2) sister and brothers (9) sisters (12) sisters and brothers (12) sleeping cuteness (9) Songs (3) spring (5) summer (20) temples (7) tender mercies (16) this dobbins crew (15) traditions (8) updates (6) Vacations (20) Valentines Day (1) Videos (11) visits (11) winter (5) wonderful weekends (10) work (3)