Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Almost 3 months!

Here are some of the things I want to remember about two month old Audrey:



She loves kisses!  She opens her mouth as big as she can when I come in for a kiss, the corners of her mouth turned up, her eyes smiling, breathing as fast as she can.  Attacking her with kisses is one of the highlights of my day.

She will not take a pacifier, but she sucks on her knuckle constantly.  Her sleeves are always soaking wet.  There's only been one or two times she's taken a pacifier.

She LOVES her mobile from Grandma Hanaike and I love it too because it allows me to get more done during the day.  Unless she's hungry or really tired and wants to be held, her favorite place to be is in her crib looking at and talking to the mobile.  She especially loves the light on the side and stares at it all the time.  Whenever I put her under it she gets excited like they are her best friends.  This thing is magic- for both of us!


Most of the time Audrey still needs to be held to go to sleep.  But I don't mind at all.  These days I'm able to tell when she is ready to go to sleep and so if I pick her up at the right time she'll snuggle right in.  Lately we've been using the rocking chair in her room (which she didn't used to like) and it seems like the creaking of it helps her go to sleep.  I tell ya, it's like out of a storybook.  Me sitting there with her in my arms wrapped in a little blanket, her eyelids slowly drooping open and closed as I sing Disney songs to her.  I swear I did this exact thing with my dolls when I was younger just picturing the day when it would be real.


Singing her to sleep has become one of the greatest joys of my life.  She's come to expect it and be soothed by it.  Mostly it's been Disney songs with a few other lullabies and Primary songs thrown in.  Some of our favorites are:
I Am a Child of God
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
Part of Your World
I See the Light
Goodnight My Angel
Isle of Innisfree
You Were Meant for Me


She gets very excited when Daddy comes home.  I'm usually holding her when Andrew walks in the door and as soon as she realizes he's there her little legs go crazy, up and down, up and down!  She almost hyperventilates from excitement.  He takes her and they play and play and play.


Diaper changes are probably her happiest times of the day, believe it or not.  She smiles huge open mouth smiles and coos and squeals with delight almost as soon as we put her on the changing table.  I think she likes it so much because she thinks it's more play time.  We kiss her all over, talk to her, and sing to her.  This is when those non-lullaby Disney songs and others come out and I basically put on a show for her.  I dance around and do hand motions and she just cracks up.  I really hope that none of our neighbors ever see or hear me...but it's tight quarters here, so they probably do.  Oh well.  The things we do for our children.
Some of our favorites in this genre are:
Zero to Hero
Friend Like Me
Dig a Little Deeper
When Will My Life Begin
Baby Love


How Does She Know
Just the Way You Are

She loves books!  This just makes me sooo happy.  Every morning after we get dressed we sit on the bed and read board books.  This is another time when she coos and smiles a bunch.  She seems to especially like the picture of the puppy in one of the books.  I don't know if it's just coincidence that she happens to squeal especially loud and long at that page, but she also leans forward and falls over trying to get closer to it!  It's so cute.  SO CUTE!  Why is everything SO much cuter when it's your own child???
She hasn't quite grasped the concept of the bedtime story being part of going to BED, but she loves that as well.  We always read the same story every night, called "You are My 'I Love You'."  Sometimes she cuddles in for it, sometimes she's wide awake, but either way it's a happy moment for Andrew and I to be sitting with the three of us together reading.

She used to always like to be upright, even when falling asleep, but lately she has been a fan of the cradling kind of carry when she's ready to snooze.



We try to go for a walk everyday, whether it's in the stroller or just me carrying her around.  She is fascinated by the colors everywhere and sometimes as she stares up at the sky in amazement I stop the stroller and put my face next to hers to see what she is seeing.  It makes me appreciate the beauty of nature and how amazing it all really is.




She doesn't mind tummy time very much at all, unless we let it go for too long.


She is such a happy baby.  She's fidgety and playful and often unsatisfied to be in one place for too long.  She is the joy of our lives.  She has opened up our hearts so much and she makes every day happy.



Lately, my friends and family who are pregnant or just had their babies have been on my mind.  I love you all so much and I'm so excited for the amazing journey that is beginning for you!!  This is where happiness lies, I promise.  Maybe not in parenthood exactly for those who struggle with such things, but in living the family life.  Marriage, a home, people to love who love you right back...it's worth every sacrifice in the world.







Congratulations to my good friend Jessie Calvillo and her new baby girl June Ricci!!  We love you!  Can't wait for our girls to meet someday!!!





1 comment:

Julia said...

all the pictures are so cute, but especially the one in the pink pjs asleep on your shoulder-she seriously almost looks like a fake doll or something bc she's so cute perfectly cute with those little chubby cheeks! love that niece of mine!

Tags

30 things (3) 4th (3) Alaska (5) Arizona (6) art (2) Audrey-isms (26) Baby #2 (25) Baby #3 (5) Baby #4 (1) Baby Girl #1 (57) back to school feast (1) backyard (8) beach (4) Best Things About Utah List (9) Birth Stories (1) birthdays (4) books (8) bravery magazine (1) BYU sports (1) california (10) camping (2) Christmas (36) church (7) college (1) cousins (19) dad time (4) days (5) DI treasures (1) Dobbins (17) dreams (3) easter (3) Elijah (22) fall (14) Family (66) family history (2) family pictures (2) fatherhood (3) FHE (2) food (2) Friends (44) future hillary (10) goals (8) God (5) Good Old Salt Lake (28) graduations (2) grandparents (5) hair journeys (3) Halloween (4) Hanaikes (12) Hannah (19) Hilarity (11) hobbies (2) holidays (13) Home (24) house (2) Jesus Christ (6) Journal Moments (47) Just us (13) Kaia (1) Learning (7) Life before marriage (17) Life in Provo (86) Love (21) memories (4) Menieres (14) mommydaughterdates (4) mother/son time (1) Motherhood (45) mothers day (1) Movies (27) My small and simple things (20) nature (22) New Years (4) north salt lake life (52) ocean (13) parenthood (25) passions (2) pets (2) poly pride (2) ponds (1) pregnancy (6) princesses (4) projects (1) Random (24) religion (7) role models (2) Samantha (1) School (15) self improvement (1) sewing (4) shows (2) sister and brothers (9) sisters (12) sisters and brothers (12) sleeping cuteness (9) Songs (3) spring (5) summer (20) temples (7) tender mercies (16) this dobbins crew (15) traditions (8) updates (6) Vacations (20) Valentines Day (1) Videos (11) visits (11) winter (5) wonderful weekends (10) work (3)