Almost every weekend since we've been back from Arizona I've been able to take a morning walk with Hannah. Sometimes Saturday, sometimes Sunday, sometimes both days. Audrey loves her sleep- she's the only toddler I've heard of that will sleep in till ten- and weekends are Andrew's days to try sleeping in a bit too. So since Hannah is an early riser, that means I am too.
The weather is finally turning to that cool breeze time of the year that will slowly roll into cold winds and then snow. I love this time. Fall fall fall is coming. I prefer the cold to the heat any day the week, and I find such joy in being outside with a sweater on breathing in cool, (almost cold) air. Today Hannalah and I were out before the sun came peaking over the mountains near our apartment so it was very cool and crisp. We wore coats, and a blanket, and kept each other even warmer with the baby carrier as her mode of transportation. We walked a little farther today than we have before. We looked at houses and gardens and I dreamed again about having both of those someday. I talked to her about herself and Audrey and Daddy, about nature, about my random thoughts, and about how it's funny that right now she is my listener when someday and for most of her life I plan to be her listener more than she will be mine. My mom has always been a listener for me and that's one of my biggest goals as a mother. Hannah talked to me as well, babbling and cooing, until she eventually fell asleep. By the time we were walking back the sun was up higher and it was spreading it's warmth all over little ol Provo. We came home, made pancakes, and waited for our two other loved ones to wake up.
I love the morning air. That's one of the reasons I want a front porch or a deck of some kind when we have a house someday- so that right when I wake up I can sit outside in my less-than-flattering morning attire and breath in that cool rejuvenating air all around. The beauty of the morning. These walks with Hannah are giving me those beautiful mornings right now. It's a memory specific to her that I will always cherish, my little morning companion.
 |
| i do love coming home to this |
 |
| she is pure sunshine |
1 comment:
I can't tell you how much I envy this! Someday somewhere maybe we will be able to do morning walks with our daughters togther then go back for a nice german pancake breakfast and 'special juice'/smoothies at your place or my place. Glad you are enjoying your mornings!
Post a Comment