Saturday, March 7, 2015

Big sister Audrey

Audrey is growing up fast, talking more all the time (I swear she learns 20 words a day it seems) and getting ready to be a big sister.  She wraps my old doll in a blanket and walks around with her as she does a little fake cry.  Like she is pretending the baby is crying so that she can take care of her.  It's so cute.

I love this girl so much and I'm surprised at how not worried I am about the changes that are about to happen for her.  I'm glad to feel that I'm not mourning the loss of our little family of three, of it just being us, of her having all our attention.  I am taking extra pleasure lately in being with her, trying to spend a lot of time with her before Sister comes and noticing all the special little qualities she has all her own.  But I'm not thinking of this addition to our family as a sad thing that's happening to her.  I know that the adjustment isn't going to be perfect for any of us...but I guess I just feel like Audrey was never meant to be an only child, that was never our plan, and so there is nothing but happiness to be felt.  For her specifically.  Maybe this perspective is from me speaking AS that 2nd child who came in and ambushed the happy little threesome that was my parents and Julia, and I think it turned out pretty great from where I sit!  One of my favorite things about my life has always been my siblings.  I'm proud of the little person Audrey is becoming and I know that these two girls will make each other's lives better and happier than if they were here without each other, no matter how many ups and downs their relationship might have!

This is probably one of the last few posts of just Audrey pictures before she has her sister here to share the camera with.

pahyetsi.  aka spaghetti.

smile audrey!  seriously we never know what we're going to get...

big girl brushing her teeth!  all 5 of them!

this is how audrey takes a selfie with her sweet new camera phone

No comments:

Tags

30 things (3) 4th (3) Alaska (5) Arizona (6) art (2) Audrey-isms (26) Baby #2 (25) Baby #3 (5) Baby #4 (1) Baby Girl #1 (57) back to school feast (1) backyard (8) beach (4) Best Things About Utah List (9) Birth Stories (1) birthdays (4) books (8) bravery magazine (1) BYU sports (1) california (10) camping (2) Christmas (36) church (7) college (1) cousins (19) dad time (4) days (5) DI treasures (1) Dobbins (17) dreams (3) easter (3) Elijah (22) fall (14) Family (66) family history (2) family pictures (2) fatherhood (3) FHE (2) food (2) Friends (44) future hillary (10) goals (8) God (5) Good Old Salt Lake (28) graduations (2) grandparents (5) hair journeys (3) Halloween (4) Hanaikes (12) Hannah (19) Hilarity (11) hobbies (2) holidays (13) Home (24) house (2) Jesus Christ (6) Journal Moments (47) Just us (13) Kaia (1) Learning (7) Life before marriage (17) Life in Provo (86) Love (21) memories (4) Menieres (14) mommydaughterdates (4) mother/son time (1) Motherhood (45) mothers day (1) Movies (27) My small and simple things (20) nature (22) New Years (4) north salt lake life (52) ocean (13) parenthood (25) passions (2) pets (2) poly pride (2) ponds (1) pregnancy (6) princesses (4) projects (1) Random (24) religion (7) role models (2) Samantha (1) School (15) self improvement (1) sewing (4) shows (2) sister and brothers (9) sisters (12) sisters and brothers (12) sleeping cuteness (9) Songs (3) spring (5) summer (20) temples (7) tender mercies (16) this dobbins crew (15) traditions (8) updates (6) Vacations (20) Valentines Day (1) Videos (11) visits (11) winter (5) wonderful weekends (10) work (3)