The best thing about our last week in Provo was that we got to spend it with my sister Samantha!! She came to visit us the DAY after her school got out and she was just absolutely BEAMING when she got walked off the plane towards us. Because I've taken so long to blog about it, I can't remember every detail of it all, but I DO remember that gigantic smile right when we saw her. We spent time in Salt Lake that day and took her to see some of our favorite places around there after meeting up with Mariah (my other sister) and Matt (Andrew's brother). One of the best things about Samantha is that she gets so excited about things that other people wouldn't really care too much about. We took her to Temple Square, the new City Creek mall, the Church bookstore, Memory Grove Park, and pointed out to her some of the places where the Hillary and Andrew story unfolded. With each place we went I would wonder if she was going to be bored by it and I would start to feel bad that we didn't have more exciting plans for her visit...but every time I had those thoughts they were immediately shot down by her big smile and how sincere her excitement was everywhere we went.
During the rest of the week she and I spent time just the two of us while Andrew was at work. We went to the Provo Library, a little boutique I wanted to show her, a cupcake shop, some nice nature walks, and other simple but fun things. She even was sincerely excited to come with me to my last doctor's appointment because I told her we get to hear the heartbeat at every appointment.
We took her swimming at King Henry two times during the week, one of which was pouring rain. At first we stayed in the hot tub area that was covered from the rain, but Samantha was determined to go into the pool- rain or not! So while I sat and watched with my feet in the hot tub, she and Andrew along with some of our friends went swimming in that pouring rain and had the time of their life!
That Sunday the three of us started our road trip home to California and now here we are. We love her so much and we are so glad that she chose to come visit us. She is my self esteem boost and one of my best friends in the whole wide world.




No comments:
Post a Comment