Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Baby Thoughts #5- third trimester updates on baby and on life in general


Updates.  We are living with my family in California for the summer.  I haven’t been able to see my feet for awhile now.  And everyone in the house so far has felt our baby girl dance!  Life at home is goooood! 

This is from about 3 weeks ago.  I'm already A LOT bigger now!

I’m a nice round 34 weeks and 2 days along now.  We had our first doctor’s appointment here, and it’s so crazy and exciting to think that it’s getting down to it!  We were given a birth plan to fill out, we have hospital tours scheduled, and we’ve acquired a crib, changing table, car seat, stroller, high chair, and baby clothes galore!  The closer it gets and the bigger I grow, the more and more excited we get.  Excited…and nervous.  We haven’t been able to attend any birthing classes so far (and may not be able to because of scheduling) but from videos we have found on our own we feel pretty well prepared as well as pretty well scared.

Andrew putting the crib together.  Gotta love hand-me-downs!

Almost done!

My good friends Moena and Lindsay threw me a baby shower before we left and it was so much fun!  It came at the perfect time too.  I had been feeling a little more nervous lately and so the shower gave me a big surge of excitement to overpower those nerves.  It was a great turn out and I felt SO very loved.
The theme was "Cute as a Button."  It was so adorable!  You can see some of the button decorations on the wall in the background. 

Moena and I

Lindsay and I 

Our life in Provo is so good because of the friends that feel like family.  I love these two girls so much!!
Before we left our apartment in Utah I was able to set up her room with the things we have so far.  I’ve made many trips to DI and have found a lot of cute little things to decorate with.  It may not be the most glamorous nursery ever, but when we look at it we both can’t help but smile.

When we come back we will have bedding and hopefully new curtains made by yours truly.

A little eclectic for now...and still a miscellaneous room somewhat.  But we just LOVE it.

My little DI decoration collection.  Except for the globe, picture frame, and little pig figurines.  A friend gave me those little pigs when I was about 12 because she didn't want them anymore and I inexplicably saved them through the years with the thought of putting them in my baby's room someday.  I came across them the last time we were home and now here they are!  

It’s one of the only things about this experience that brings me complete joy.  Everything else brings me a mixture of joy and nerves.  But looking at the whole room set up makes me feel so excited.  I’m so looking forward to cuddling and rocking her to sleep in the rocking chair, putting her in the crib for a nap, and then coming in later to big smiling chubby cheeks so happy to see me after a good rest.
  
This is probably my absolute favorite picture of my little niece, Addy.  Whenever I see her I get so anxious to have my girl here sooner!
So those are some updates in our life.  There's plenty more that has happened as well, all of which may be featured in future blog posts!  Life is good GREAT.

No comments:

Tags

30 things (3) 4th (3) Alaska (5) Arizona (6) art (2) Audrey-isms (26) Baby #2 (25) Baby #3 (5) Baby #4 (1) Baby Girl #1 (57) back to school feast (1) backyard (8) beach (4) Best Things About Utah List (9) Birth Stories (1) birthdays (4) books (8) bravery magazine (1) BYU sports (1) california (10) camping (2) Christmas (36) church (7) college (1) cousins (19) dad time (4) days (5) DI treasures (1) Dobbins (17) dreams (3) easter (3) Elijah (22) fall (14) Family (66) family history (2) family pictures (2) fatherhood (3) FHE (2) food (2) Friends (44) future hillary (10) goals (8) God (5) Good Old Salt Lake (28) graduations (2) grandparents (5) hair journeys (3) Halloween (4) Hanaikes (12) Hannah (19) Hilarity (11) hobbies (2) holidays (13) Home (24) house (2) Jesus Christ (6) Journal Moments (47) Just us (13) Kaia (1) Learning (7) Life before marriage (17) Life in Provo (86) Love (21) memories (4) Menieres (14) mommydaughterdates (4) mother/son time (1) Motherhood (45) mothers day (1) Movies (27) My small and simple things (20) nature (22) New Years (4) north salt lake life (52) ocean (13) parenthood (25) passions (2) pets (2) poly pride (2) ponds (1) pregnancy (6) princesses (4) projects (1) Random (24) religion (7) role models (2) Samantha (1) School (15) self improvement (1) sewing (4) shows (2) sister and brothers (9) sisters (12) sisters and brothers (12) sleeping cuteness (9) Songs (3) spring (5) summer (20) temples (7) tender mercies (16) this dobbins crew (15) traditions (8) updates (6) Vacations (20) Valentines Day (1) Videos (11) visits (11) winter (5) wonderful weekends (10) work (3)