Monday, August 8, 2011

Yesterday was a lovely Sunday

Yesterday was a lovely Sunday. For more reasons than one. We taught our primary class, had Sunday dinner with the fam, watched Tangled, played some Clue and then came back to our temporary home for some Hillary and Andrew time. The two of us watched a Jimmy Stewart movie and read some family history of mine. We both commented that we're kind of a strange couple. That might've been a good date in 1952, but today I think people would raise eyebrows at us. Anyways, as I mentioned in the previous post, something we like to do is hang out on the roof. We always have to check the weather first by poking our head out the screen door. Well yesterday as I was putting my shoes on to venture out, Andrew did the checking. And then..he started yelling. "Hillary Hillary! Come here quick seriously! HURRY!!!"
Now I thought that maybe it was a gorgeous sunset like usual, so when I followed him outside (after taking my sweet time with my shoes) the first place I looked was towards where the sun usually sets. And sure enough there it was setting. Now as a person who has seen a good many sunsets in her life, I said, "Oh Andrew, it's so pretty." And he said "No, look THIS WAY!" When I turned around to see where he was, this is what I saw:And as I came out all the way THISis what I saw. And my patronizing little "Oh Andrew" turned into "OH MY GOSH ANDREW OH MY GOSH OH MY GAAAAWWWSH ANDREW!"
It was a FULL, COMPLETE rainbow about 2 or 3 miles wide end to end! And we were the ONLY ones who saw it in it's full splendor. We seemed to have come out at the EXACT right moment, where it was shining its most brilliant. The sun setting on the other side added the most beautiful lighting on all the buildings and made this ghetto little neighborhood look amazing. And of course the light of rain was falling. The whole experience could not have been orchestrated any better. And of course the pictures don't do it justice.Our camera couldn't even catch the whole thing in one shot. If we stepped back any further we would've fallen off the roof.




















Can you imagine? That on one side and this on the other:I think those weird pipes sticking up on the roof of the next building looked like ducks swimming on a purple pond.There are few things more inspiring than a rainbow. I suppose that's why Noah needed one at the end of those long dark 40 days and 40 nights. Just seeing one you can feel God's love. I'm so thankful for this wonderful world we live in and that God has given us such a beautiful place to do our learning and growing. I love life.Yesterday was a lovely Sunday.

No comments:

Tags

30 things (3) 4th (3) Alaska (5) Arizona (6) art (2) Audrey-isms (26) Baby #2 (25) Baby #3 (5) Baby #4 (1) Baby Girl #1 (57) back to school feast (1) backyard (8) beach (4) Best Things About Utah List (9) Birth Stories (1) birthdays (4) books (8) bravery magazine (1) BYU sports (1) california (10) camping (2) Christmas (36) church (7) college (1) cousins (19) dad time (4) days (5) DI treasures (1) Dobbins (17) dreams (3) easter (3) Elijah (22) fall (14) Family (66) family history (2) family pictures (2) fatherhood (3) FHE (2) food (2) Friends (44) future hillary (10) goals (8) God (5) Good Old Salt Lake (28) graduations (2) grandparents (5) hair journeys (3) Halloween (4) Hanaikes (12) Hannah (19) Hilarity (11) hobbies (2) holidays (13) Home (24) house (2) Jesus Christ (6) Journal Moments (47) Just us (13) Kaia (1) Learning (7) Life before marriage (17) Life in Provo (86) Love (21) memories (4) Menieres (14) mommydaughterdates (4) mother/son time (1) Motherhood (45) mothers day (1) Movies (27) My small and simple things (20) nature (22) New Years (4) north salt lake life (52) ocean (13) parenthood (25) passions (2) pets (2) poly pride (2) ponds (1) pregnancy (6) princesses (4) projects (1) Random (24) religion (7) role models (2) Samantha (1) School (15) self improvement (1) sewing (4) shows (2) sister and brothers (9) sisters (12) sisters and brothers (12) sleeping cuteness (9) Songs (3) spring (5) summer (20) temples (7) tender mercies (16) this dobbins crew (15) traditions (8) updates (6) Vacations (20) Valentines Day (1) Videos (11) visits (11) winter (5) wonderful weekends (10) work (3)