Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New Life

First of all let me begin by saying that I can't possibly blog about all the wonderful amazing things in our life. That is to say that I am not as good as my mother at doing catch-up blogging and I wish I was. Because lately with all the changes happening for us, as soon as I start thinking of blogging about the last big thing that happened, something ELSE happens. This whole summer has been far too amazing to even try to put into words and I think I'd probably just stress myself out if I tried to. So for now I'm just going to blog about all the amazing things that happened to us this week.

The first of which is: Our new apartment! On Wednesday we moved in to our very first, very own, all our own place to live. Place to keep our own books and movies and put our own magnets on our own refrigerator, a place to make (and clean up) our own messes, and a place where we don't have to worry as much about breaking someone's kitchen appliances - because their all OURS! I promise to post better pictures of our pretty little place once we get it all nice and organized. But this was the living room on our first day:

Remember what I said about our own messes?

Okay the second big thing is that Saturday I got my hair cut! It's very short and it kind-of reminds me of Claudette Colbert or some other black and white movie star. And so I love it.


The third big thing: Andrew's first day of school was Monday! I wanted to take a picture of him holding his big BYU books with his backpack on and all, but for some reason he wasn't loving the idea. So this is the picture I got, and it's still a good one:

And the fourth thing is from today. Now that I'm not worrying as much about breaking kitchen appliances, I've become a lot more confident in experimenting with cooking. I've been wanting to try some recipes out of the "Our Best Bites" cookbook, and today I finally worked up the courage and began. Here are the results.

Cheesy Garlic Bread Swirls which we had for dinner with soup.


And Apple Streusel Bars which we had for dessert!


All completely from SCRATCH. Overall I think it was a successful endeavor.
It looks like life in Provo is gonna be okay.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hillary..I love your new haircut...I am partial to short hair anyway...sounds like you two are doing well. Your yummy pictures of the recipes you tried...I have got to get that book. Glad to hear all is going well.

Tags

30 things (3) 4th (3) Alaska (5) Arizona (6) art (2) Audrey-isms (26) Baby #2 (25) Baby #3 (5) Baby #4 (1) Baby Girl #1 (57) back to school feast (1) backyard (8) beach (4) Best Things About Utah List (9) Birth Stories (1) birthdays (4) books (8) bravery magazine (1) BYU sports (1) california (10) camping (2) Christmas (36) church (7) college (1) cousins (19) dad time (4) days (5) DI treasures (1) Dobbins (17) dreams (3) easter (3) Elijah (22) fall (14) Family (66) family history (2) family pictures (2) fatherhood (3) FHE (2) food (2) Friends (44) future hillary (10) goals (8) God (5) Good Old Salt Lake (28) graduations (2) grandparents (5) hair journeys (3) Halloween (4) Hanaikes (12) Hannah (19) Hilarity (11) hobbies (2) holidays (13) Home (24) house (2) Jesus Christ (6) Journal Moments (47) Just us (13) Kaia (1) Learning (7) Life before marriage (17) Life in Provo (86) Love (21) memories (4) Menieres (14) mommydaughterdates (4) mother/son time (1) Motherhood (45) mothers day (1) Movies (27) My small and simple things (20) nature (22) New Years (4) north salt lake life (52) ocean (13) parenthood (25) passions (2) pets (2) poly pride (2) ponds (1) pregnancy (6) princesses (4) projects (1) Random (24) religion (7) role models (2) Samantha (1) School (15) self improvement (1) sewing (4) shows (2) sister and brothers (9) sisters (12) sisters and brothers (12) sleeping cuteness (9) Songs (3) spring (5) summer (20) temples (7) tender mercies (16) this dobbins crew (15) traditions (8) updates (6) Vacations (20) Valentines Day (1) Videos (11) visits (11) winter (5) wonderful weekends (10) work (3)