We've had a fun February so far what with sugar cookies, Valentine making, chocolate eating, a Valentine's dance, and crepes! Here is an update about some things that have been going on with each of us the last little while.
 |
| making sugar cookies for a little party with our neighbors later that day! |
 |
| crepes for dinner |
 |
| we'll say it was in honor of valentine's day....not just because i had a craving |
Pregnancy-wise things are going well. I’ve been feeling Braxton Hicks
contractions!! This is so exciting for
me because with Audrey I didn’t feel anything at all. In fact I’ve been so excited about it that
I’ve been telling everyone I talk to, even announced it in Relief Society when
they asked if anyone had any good news to share! Even though they are plenty uncomfortable, I
love feeling them because it gives me such hope that my body is going to take
the initiative this time and get this baby out sooner rather than later. She feels much lower than Audrey did because
I feel her kicking my hip bones rather than my ribs…which I’m grateful for
because it’s a lot less uncomfortable.
For whatever reason. She moves
like crazy alllll the time. Andrew and I
have both had our separate moments of slightly panicked realization that she’s
almost here. Only about 5 weeks to
go! It’s so funny how it has seemed
sooooo long all these months but then suddenly it seems like it crept up on us
super fast. CRAZY!! We’ve been talking a lot more about names
again. I think that’s like the best part
of pregnancy. It’s so fun to go through
all our lists (okay my lists) and to think of new names as well. We’re between two first names and about 3 or
4 middle names. What’s tough for us
about choosing a name is deciding what our priorities are with it. We have one family name in mind, one name we
just really like on our own, two cultural names that also have meaning to each
of us, and a few that just kind of branch off of some of those. We’ll see what happens in the next few
weeks….I’m curious what we’ll end up choosing!

Meniere’s has been once again a pretty annoying part of this
third trimester, just as with Audrey’s.
It hasn’t been as bad though.
Andrew keeps reminding me that overall this pregnancy has been smoother
than Audrey’s. After Baby Girl comes I
will be able to re-start the medicine to regulate the fluid in my ear again,
which should keep the vertigo episodes at bay.
Until then I was able to get a steroid shot in my ear, which was pretty
scary. It has seemed to help a little
but not as much as I thought it would.
So that’s a bummer. But on a
positive note I won a free hearing aide off of a radio station a few months
ago! I still need to get used to it and
use it more consistently (it is kind of hard to want to use something that
completely alters one of your senses...I've been used to not hearing well out of my right ear for so long , ya know?) but we are so grateful for what an
unexpected blessing it was to get it for free.
For us to buy one on our own it would’ve been anywhere between $1200-$3000,
which is just not do-able right now. Yet
another way Heavenly Father has taken care of us.
Andrew is working hard in school, work, fatherhood (and 'husbandhood') as usual. One of his classes ends mid-semester, just in
time for when the baby comes! I think
that’s another little way Heavenly Father is blessing us. Andrew will have more time to be here at home
as we try and figure life out again. We’re coming up on the end of the book series
we’ve been reading together for pretty much our whole marriage so far (Children
of the Promise). I love spending time
together that way. I love this handsome man of mine. I'm just the luckiest.
 |
| getting ready for the stake valentine's dance |
Andrew’s brother
Hyrum is coming home from his mission in Georgia in about 2 weeks! It’s funny, I was pregnant when he left and
I’m pregnant when he returns. We’re so
excited for when we get to see him and have him meet our kids. He had one niece when he left and now he'll have four!
 |
| a terrible picture of me, but still worth putting up because i'm his favorite sister-in-law |
 |
| the four dobbins siblings two years ago when we last saw him |
 |
| best brother-in-laws ever! |
Audrey is doing so well and is talking so much! It’s getting to the point where we have to
really watch what we say around her. The
other day she said “Dangit!” and yesterday at church she pointed to my shirt
and said “Bra!” in sacrament
meeting! So yeah…whole new realm we’re
entering. We are doing a Disney marathon
this year with my family in California and she is loving it. My parents keep sending little things for her
as a part of it- the week we watched Snow White they watched it there as well
and sent Audrey a little Snow White princess figurine to go with her other
princesses! This month they have already
sent her a Valentine and some game ideas for the movies on the schedule for
February! I think this is going to be a great
way for our families to be close. So thank you Mom and Dad and family for keeping us a part of everything even from
a distance!!!
 |
| audrey enjoying her reeses valentine treat from gma and gpa hanaike |
 |
| our bambi themed activity for the marathon- walking through a "forest" (aka the duck pond area at byu) |
 |
| trees! |
I’ve had so much fun getting Audrey’s room ready to share
with Baby Sister. I’ve hung up all the
newborn clothes and bought some new drawers for the rest of her things. We have an adorable toddler bed from our
friends and we’re condensing toys and clothes that Audrey doesn’t wear. Sometimes I LOVE getting rid of things. It feels so freeing! I have so many things to do before my Baby
Girl comes, so part of me hopes she stays in as long as possible. But a bigger part of me is yelling “GET
OOOUUT!!!!” just like Gloria from Modern Family. I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET HER AND I CANT WAIT TO
NOT BE PREGNANT ANYMORE!! We are SO
close! It’s shaping up to be a great
year!
 |
| audrey can't get enough of her preschool activities my mom put together for us for christmas! she always asks to do preschool |
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
Life is good good good.
No comments:
Post a Comment