We also were able to carve our very first pumpkin together thanks to the awesome ward activity we went to last week.
They supplied the pumpkins and everything. There were fun fall treats, pumpkin guts, lovely autumn attire, and everything was basically just orange. It was fun to have kids running around the gym behind us, although it did make me a tad homesick. They had a contest for the pumpkins at the end, and everyone agreed it was a tough call. I wish I had taken pictures of all the crazy amazing pumpkins that were in the running. There was a Frankenstein, a Harry Potter, two very intricately carved owls, the Headless Horseman, and sooo many others. There was one pumpkin where the couple lit the candle inside then turned off the lights and shone it at the wall. And it was the Bat-symbol! Shining right on the gym wall. Now how creative is that? In the end the one that won was a very detailed flaming skull. It was very cool and definitely screamed Halloween.
Andrew and I didn't even place, but we still love our pumpkin's somewhat traditional jack-o-lantern face. He now sits outside our front door as our one and only Halloween decoration.
This year instead of dressing up or going to a dance we're going to stay at home and watch some scary old movies. We rented some Hitchcock movies from the library along with my personal favorite: The Ghost and Mister Chicken with Don Knotts. That hilarious guy. Halloween is fun fun fun. It's pretty simple for us this year compared to others, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Andrew and I didn't even place, but we still love our pumpkin's somewhat traditional jack-o-lantern face. He now sits outside our front door as our one and only Halloween decoration.
No comments:
Post a Comment