A LOT has been going on lately and finding the time to blog with more than just a picture is almost impossible! I will try to give some quick updates.
1. I got my dress!
2. I got my shoes!
3. I got a bad grade on a math test :(
4. We've been experimenting with recipes a little tiny bit. Andrew and I made empanadas and german pancakes last week- both of which turned out GREAT!! Can you believe it??
5. I wrote a story.
6. I took the Exit Exam for graduation! FINALLY!
7. I met some more of Andrew's family :)
8. We won $700 worth of photography for our wedding! And then realized that it's only valid if we're getting married in Utah :( Those stinkers.
9. I cleaned my room! (Yes Mom! It's true!)
Also, Andrew and I spoke on Sunday and now have suddenly become everyone's favorite couple for the week. We keep getting compliments about our height difference- yes COMPLIMENTS. Mariah came up to me today and said, "If someone stops me in the hallway one more time to tell me how cute you and Andrew are, I may throw up." Always the charmer, that Mariah. But I'm not gonna lie, it feels pretty cool that people suddenly like us so much and are impressed with us. Yesterday I recieved the highest compliment I think I've ever been paid in my life. I was referred to as a spiritual giant. Can you believe it???
We seem to be the old-fashioned couple here, the couple that obeys all the rules and curfews. Sometimes, yes, that practically screams GOODY GOODY. We also dont seem to have many friends just because we're always with each other. We've never let that bother us though, quite the contrary in fact. We're happy. We love it. I suppose that's what married life is going to be like anyway, right? But it is nice to be looked up to a little bit now as we're about to leave our singles ward. We have two more Sundays left in this ward. Our Bishopric loves us and we love them. But...I have to say that is one of the only things about single life I will miss!
In other news....
My sisters are throwing me a bridal shower this weekend and I am SO excited. Julia and Mariah have always seemed to be the more 'enthusiastic' ones compared to me (which is saying something cause I'm not exactly shy...). So a party all for ME planned by THEM...WHAT COULD BE BETTER?! Mariah's 'imaginative' games and Julia's amaaaazing baking, coupled with all my Utah friends...PLUS Conference! How did I get so lucky, I ask you? I don't know if this paragraph makes a lot of sense, but the point is I am VERY excited for this weekend. I love my family. I'm so lucky to have a part of them here with me.
And THAT is what's going on in the life of Hillary right now. Not too exciting. But I sure like it!
Sometimes I feel like I'm pretty scatterbrained when I blog, and I remind myself of one of the greatest characters in American literature: A Miss Junie B. Jones.
"Okay," she says. "That's all I have to say now.
See you later, crocodile!
After a while, alligator!
(That's supposed to be a funny saying. Only I don't actually know why.)
Love, (but not the mushy kind)"
Hillary
1. I got my dress!
2. I got my shoes!
3. I got a bad grade on a math test :(
4. We've been experimenting with recipes a little tiny bit. Andrew and I made empanadas and german pancakes last week- both of which turned out GREAT!! Can you believe it??
5. I wrote a story.
6. I took the Exit Exam for graduation! FINALLY!
7. I met some more of Andrew's family :)
8. We won $700 worth of photography for our wedding! And then realized that it's only valid if we're getting married in Utah :( Those stinkers.
9. I cleaned my room! (Yes Mom! It's true!)
Also, Andrew and I spoke on Sunday and now have suddenly become everyone's favorite couple for the week. We keep getting compliments about our height difference- yes COMPLIMENTS. Mariah came up to me today and said, "If someone stops me in the hallway one more time to tell me how cute you and Andrew are, I may throw up." Always the charmer, that Mariah. But I'm not gonna lie, it feels pretty cool that people suddenly like us so much and are impressed with us. Yesterday I recieved the highest compliment I think I've ever been paid in my life. I was referred to as a spiritual giant. Can you believe it???
We seem to be the old-fashioned couple here, the couple that obeys all the rules and curfews. Sometimes, yes, that practically screams GOODY GOODY. We also dont seem to have many friends just because we're always with each other. We've never let that bother us though, quite the contrary in fact. We're happy. We love it. I suppose that's what married life is going to be like anyway, right? But it is nice to be looked up to a little bit now as we're about to leave our singles ward. We have two more Sundays left in this ward. Our Bishopric loves us and we love them. But...I have to say that is one of the only things about single life I will miss!
In other news....
My sisters are throwing me a bridal shower this weekend and I am SO excited. Julia and Mariah have always seemed to be the more 'enthusiastic' ones compared to me (which is saying something cause I'm not exactly shy...). So a party all for ME planned by THEM...WHAT COULD BE BETTER?! Mariah's 'imaginative' games and Julia's amaaaazing baking, coupled with all my Utah friends...PLUS Conference! How did I get so lucky, I ask you? I don't know if this paragraph makes a lot of sense, but the point is I am VERY excited for this weekend. I love my family. I'm so lucky to have a part of them here with me.
And THAT is what's going on in the life of Hillary right now. Not too exciting. But I sure like it!
Sometimes I feel like I'm pretty scatterbrained when I blog, and I remind myself of one of the greatest characters in American literature: A Miss Junie B. Jones.
"Okay," she says. "That's all I have to say now.
See you later, crocodile!
After a while, alligator!
(That's supposed to be a funny saying. Only I don't actually know why.)
Love, (but not the mushy kind)"
Hillary
3 comments:
Hillary, you are so awesome! I'm excited for you and Andrew. And by the way, I love the last name "Dobbins." I think it goes perfectly with "Hillary." I am so excited that I'm actually in California and will be able to be there on your amazing day! I love you. It's been way too long. Jared says I have to tell all my cousins to stop growing up and going to college and getting married. (Don't they know they're too young for that?!) Ha ha. But we're all so proud of you for all you've become, and love to visit the blog and see how things are going.
Hillary you are amazing....sounds like you are doing just fine.
Two more Sunday's and my girls will be in Idaho..
Can't wait to see you and hear about all your plans you have made.
I love playing "Catch up". Hillary, you have always been a "Spiritual Giant" in my books. Will have to meet up with you sometime in Salt Lake.
Post a Comment