"Well who takes care of you?"
"The same one who takes care of the lilies of the field, Mr. Poppins."
That's from the movie "You Can't Take It With You" with Jimmy Stewart, Lionel Barrymoore, and Jean Arthur.
I have found a new interest: anthropology. It’s basically just learning all about different cultures. Anthropologists go and live with a group of people of a different culture and learn all there is to know about them by experiencing it firsthand.
I have this weird fascination with ‘alternate lifestyles.’ No, don’t worry no gayness or anything like that. I like to learn about the other ways people live. I'm learning about gypsies right now. The legit ones, not the big beaded, belly dancing, fortune telling swindlers. These real ones seem to have spiritual values in mind more than typical American people. I think I like it because it’s such blatant faith. No reservations, no overthinking, no doubts. The gypsies just roam around from place to place not worrying too much about where their next meal is going to come from. Like 3rd Nephi 13:25-34.
“28. Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin;
30. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.
34. Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.”
Living that way, even if for a short while, appeals to me. Maybe I will become an anthropologist someday!

"The same one who takes care of the lilies of the field, Mr. Poppins."
That's from the movie "You Can't Take It With You" with Jimmy Stewart, Lionel Barrymoore, and Jean Arthur.
I have found a new interest: anthropology. It’s basically just learning all about different cultures. Anthropologists go and live with a group of people of a different culture and learn all there is to know about them by experiencing it firsthand.
I have this weird fascination with ‘alternate lifestyles.’ No, don’t worry no gayness or anything like that. I like to learn about the other ways people live. I'm learning about gypsies right now. The legit ones, not the big beaded, belly dancing, fortune telling swindlers. These real ones seem to have spiritual values in mind more than typical American people. I think I like it because it’s such blatant faith. No reservations, no overthinking, no doubts. The gypsies just roam around from place to place not worrying too much about where their next meal is going to come from. Like 3rd Nephi 13:25-34.
“28. Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin;
30. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.
34. Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.”
Living that way, even if for a short while, appeals to me. Maybe I will become an anthropologist someday!

No comments:
Post a Comment