We are moving tomorrow! I'm feeling nostalgic....
As I was walking home from visiting teaching tonight I had a
whole moment looking up at the Y mountain.
A big thing is about to happen in our life tomorrow but right then all I
could think about was the big things that have already happened. And they all happened here. Pictures in my mind of our freshly newlywed
days, then our RA days, and then our baby days (and months and years). So much has happened here for us, our entire marriage
so far has been all Provo (besides two summers away). When we got here in 2011 they had just
announced the Provo City Center Temple and a few weeks ago we just went to it’s
dedication. We are this old married
couple in our student ward now with the oldest kid in the ward. We’ve made countless friends, so so so many
friends here that we will always cherish and keep in touch with. We’ve had a few different jobs and done
countless hours of schoolwork. We’ve
stayed up countless hours of the night with each of our two babies. We’ve held countless callings, gone through
countless trials, and had countless happy moments together in these little
apartments we’ve lived in. I guess the
word to describe our time here in Provo is that- ‘countless.’ There’ve been a lot of days here.
Our home here in Provo has meant a lot to us with each move
and we’ve always tried hard to make it a comfortable homey cozy place for our
family. We’ve loved this little
apartment we’ve been in for the longest.
It’s truly become our home and we are so grateful to it for being that
for us.
So here is a little tour of our home, now that we're leaving it. It was already painted before we moved in and with girls the color just kept coming. We love you 8-Plex Number 8!
Girl's Room
Living Room
Kitchen
During one of our first years here my Grandma told me about
a park with a memorial for veterans near where she and Grandpa lived when they
were here at BYU. We went looking for it
and found that it was walking distance from our apartment. We’ve spent many times there now playing with
our girls and I always think of my grandma being a young mother there with her
two kids, just raising them and trying to be a supportive wife here in Provo,
like me. And then when I’m a little
bervous about the future I remember the rest of her story of moving on to new
places, new adventures, more kids, new jobs, more friends, and more
memories. Just more life. There’s more life to live Hillary! This is the beginning!
Still need to do a post about the library.
Still need to do a post about the library.














No comments:
Post a Comment