Here are a few things that set Audrey apart from other babies:
The Stank Eye
This started one day when Auntie Mariah and her boyfriend Ross came over and said a really exuberant 'hi' to Audrey right when the blender turned on. From then on they have had a…relationship of mixed feelings we'll say. Without crying or being upset about anything Audrey will turn to Mariah and Ross randomly and give them this little face:
Now she does it to many a stranger who comes into our home- home teachers, visiting teachers, friends, family. One of our friends said she's never had a baby look at her like that. I think the thing that is so hilarious about is how concentrated Audrey is when she's making the face. Nothing distracts her…we're all cracking up and she just keeps doing it. She narrows one or both eyes and furrows her eyebrows as much as she can, communicating just how she feels about you right then.
I Like What I Like, Mom
She likes holding small things. Tiny little things in her hands are the toys she gravitates towards. One example is a package of Smarties. They have them at the check out at the grocery store. By the time we're at the check out she's pretty spent and it's starting to show and when nothing else will calm her down giving her one of these little things always works. Always supervised of course, she just hold it in her fingers. She likes the crinkle of the wrapper, but mostly she just likes holding it.
![]() |
| after trying a toy, puffs, and a pacifier, what calmed her down and got her to sleep? the smarties. |
Along those same lines is another small little toy. I was determined to be the person to buy Audrey her first doll so we went to Toys R US and found one that I thought she would like. Really though, I'm the one that thought it was cute and I wanted it for her. It came with a little baby doll finger puppet that I thought was kind of strange but whatever. We brought it home and found that she will not be told what to play with. Don't get me wrong, she likes the doll. But she LOVES the baby. She will hug the doll for a minute, but then will spend the next 20 minutes playing with the baby, perfectly content. She holds her in her hands, licks and chews on her, holds her up in the air, flails her around all over the place, and sometimes just sits and relaxes with her. I just…agh…I can't describe how adorable it is, so here are some pictures.
She is her own beautiful little person.









No comments:
Post a Comment