I always wish I blogged more. I really wish I was chronicling this
pregnancy experience, remembering all the cravings, all the sweet moments of
just me and baby, all the ways Andrew is taking care of me, all the hopes and
dreams I have, all the conversations we have about her. But alas, I have not found the time, nor the
energy. However, that may all change
very soon…because tomorrow is my last day of work!
Here are a few things that have been going on lately:
About 2 weeks ago we officially finished our last day as
RA’s and moved out of King Henry. It was
a bittersweet parting- mostly sweet, however.
We have a list full of things we will miss about living there, but we are
also pretty ready for that part of our life to come to a close. We’ve lived at King Henry for almost all of
our marriage, excluding those few months we were in Alaska. Because of this we will always have a
fondness for the complex- the surroundings, the co-workers, the memories. It was the first and last just Andrew and
Hillary home. For those two years of
growth and memories we will always be grateful to good old King Henry.
| Our packed up apartment. The pile looked a lot bigger in person. |
We moved into our new two bedroom apartment! We’ve taken our sweet time unpacking and
setting up and we are very satisfied so far with how much it already feels like
home to us. The baby’s room has been the
biggest challenge so far. For the first
few days it was the miscellaneous room as we found places for everything. Now it’s starting to look more like a second
bedroom again. So decorating it is my
next big project. And I only have two
more weeks to do it in!! I have some
ideas, but hopefully the creative juices will flow more once I finish with work
and have more time on my hands and a sister here to help me! Because Samantha is coming to visit in almost
exactly one week!!
Baby Treefog (story to be told in a later post if you
haven’t already heard it) is literally a mover and a shaker. All over the place! I’m convinced she’s going to be a
break-dancer. I was listening to music
while doing the dishes the other day and during Norah Jones little girl didn’t
move once. But as soon as that song
ended and Jay Sean’s “Down” came on there seemed to be a literal party in my
tummy. She was moving like crazy! Every little limb was throwing punches while
the rest of her seemed to be doing the worm.
I actually had to stop what I was doing for a bit because she was
wearing me out! Today I think she has
her feet wedged into my rib cage- probably comfortable for her, but not for
me. Andrew said she’s probably just had
a long week and needs to put her feet up for awhile. Andrew feels her all the time and she kind of
seems to be more active when he’s around.
He talks to her often and we are both doing everything we can to prepare
ourselves for her arrival emotionally.
We’re already pretty attached.
I’ve had some vertigo on and off before and during the
pregnancy. Last week it got especially
bad (threw up 6 times in an hour, one of which was in my boss’s car who had
graciously offered to drive me home…bet she won’t be offering that again) and
my OBGYN referred me to an ear/nose/throat doctor. After some mild testing they decided that I
need to come back for some more intensive tests to officially diagnose what they
think it is. The hypothesis right now is
that I have something called Meniere’s Disease which is characterized by
hearing loss and vertigo. From what I
understand I think it’s an inner ear disorder.
For a few years now I’ve noticed a little hearing loss in my right ear
and the bad vertigo started around summer/fall of last year, right in between
pregnancies. So that kind of rules out
it being pregnancy related (which would have been nice because then there would
at least be an end in sight). I guess we
will see what happens after getting those tests done and hopefully I can find
some relief somewhere.
So those are some things that are going on in the lives of
Hillary and Andrew. We are hoping to
have the baby in California, so another thing we are working hard on is finding
Andrew and job or internship in the Bay Area for the summer. If anyone knows of anything or has any
suggestions, shoot them our way!
We are in the third trimester- the home stretch. Hopefully things will go the way we want them
to. Regardless, we’ll be keeping the
faith and continue hoping for the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment