So for the past 3 years or so Conference Weekend has been a big event at my place. And my 'place' has changed many times in those 3 years, but has still always been full of friends and family that one weekend of the year. When we got married of course many things changed, BUT I am happy to report that the Conference Weekend tradition has not!
This time Ray and Natalie came to visit from Mesa! It was so awesome to see them, but by the time they left it just made us wish they lived closer. That's one good thing about Andrew's parents moving to Tucson- that means we can see those Hamblins more often! While they were here Natalie and I were able to see some of our old bestest best best friends! Ellen who is on a mission at Temple Square, Jan, Mariah, and Lexus who all live in the Salt Lake area. It was so fun to see each other again after so long. We spent half the weekend reminiscing about when we all lived together in downtown Salt Lake. Natalie even cried when she saw Ellen as a missionary! Oh Salt Lake has been so good to us all.
Conference was lovely as usual. Andrew and Ray got to go to the Priesthood Session Saturday night and on Sunday morning we had the Provo-dwelling Chandler cousins over for Conference breakfast and to see Natalie and Ray off. Earlier in the weekend Natalie and I were able to spend some one on one time together hanging out and going shopping. I miss having family near me. I always had at least one sister around at a time- first Julia, then Natalie, then Mariah. Being with Natalie made me miss having that sister-kind-of-friendship nearby whenever I needed it. It was one of the best weekends we've had in a long time.
I only got pictures of the day we went to Temple Square but here they are! As always there aren't any pictures where Natalie is just smiling like a normal person. But then again, I don't think Natalie is a completely normal person.





And Julia and Lester will be coming next weekend for Easter and a wedding!
This time Ray and Natalie came to visit from Mesa! It was so awesome to see them, but by the time they left it just made us wish they lived closer. That's one good thing about Andrew's parents moving to Tucson- that means we can see those Hamblins more often! While they were here Natalie and I were able to see some of our old bestest best best friends! Ellen who is on a mission at Temple Square, Jan, Mariah, and Lexus who all live in the Salt Lake area. It was so fun to see each other again after so long. We spent half the weekend reminiscing about when we all lived together in downtown Salt Lake. Natalie even cried when she saw Ellen as a missionary! Oh Salt Lake has been so good to us all.
Conference was lovely as usual. Andrew and Ray got to go to the Priesthood Session Saturday night and on Sunday morning we had the Provo-dwelling Chandler cousins over for Conference breakfast and to see Natalie and Ray off. Earlier in the weekend Natalie and I were able to spend some one on one time together hanging out and going shopping. I miss having family near me. I always had at least one sister around at a time- first Julia, then Natalie, then Mariah. Being with Natalie made me miss having that sister-kind-of-friendship nearby whenever I needed it. It was one of the best weekends we've had in a long time.
I only got pictures of the day we went to Temple Square but here they are! As always there aren't any pictures where Natalie is just smiling like a normal person. But then again, I don't think Natalie is a completely normal person.
And Julia and Lester will be coming next weekend for Easter and a wedding!
No comments:
Post a Comment