This is how my mornings have been going lately: I wake up around 10:30, read scriptures, eat breakfast, clean up around the teeny apartment, and then glue myself to the computer for a few hours. That computer part sounds pretty bad I guess, but my excuse is that as soon as Andrew gets home my computer time is gone for the rest of the day. I’m not complaining…seriously I’m not…because what he needs it for is far more worthy than what I need it for. All Andrew’s days consist of is school, work, and homework. All of which he needs the computer for. All of which are more important than my blog surfing and movie watching. But still he never rushes me or anything if I am still on when he gets home. He has become a very diligent student and he works hard all day long. So when he does get home I am very happy to relinquish the laptop over to him.
So anyway the point is I try to get everything done I need or want to get done on the computer early in the day. Then when he does need it I can do the million other non-computer things I need to do the rest of the evening. I scrapbook, read, talk on the phone, experiment with recipes, watch some tv, and clean a bit. By that time Andrew is usually done with his work for the day and we spend all the rest of our time hanging out together.
I should probably add that I DO have a job and am not completely free to accommodate my every whim all the time. But these days that I am able to do whatever I want sure are nice. The internet can be a very fun place if used well.
So anyway the point is I try to get everything done I need or want to get done on the computer early in the day. Then when he does need it I can do the million other non-computer things I need to do the rest of the evening. I scrapbook, read, talk on the phone, experiment with recipes, watch some tv, and clean a bit. By that time Andrew is usually done with his work for the day and we spend all the rest of our time hanging out together.
I should probably add that I DO have a job and am not completely free to accommodate my every whim all the time. But these days that I am able to do whatever I want sure are nice. The internet can be a very fun place if used well.
1 comment:
Great..you found a job..what are you doing?
Post a Comment