Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Where to begin...

I don't know where to begin with this post. Hence the title. I guess I'll just begin with where I am now.
After an exhausting yet wonderful week or two full of family and friends and wedding planning, here Andrew and I are in Alaska as a newly married couple. We've been watching movies, eating toast, reading books, playing scrabble, and walking the dog. I love marriage!!!
We've also gone on some long drives through the beautiful still-snowy mountains of Alaska. The 45 minute drive to Portage Glacier was well worth it. We saw 3 real live glaciers slowly, slowly, slowly melting into the ocean. Gigantic green purple and white mountains on one side, huge blue gray sparkling ocean on the other. Alaska is LOVELY. I definitely reccommend it to all those searching for a good cruise.
We also went to a place called Kincaid Park and I found it amazing how many different shades of green there are. There were so many kinds of plants, some with leaves bigger than my head! We also went to a place called Beluga Point, right on the ocean. Everything is beautiful.
The realities of life are beginning to set in, though. Andrew went back to work yesterday and I miss him terribly. I've begun the thank you notes, financial phone calls, and all that technical stuff about starting a new life. Good times good times.
Only 3 more hours till Andrew gets home!

PS: We have misplaced our camera...so be ready for pictures next time!

1 comment:

Darlene. said...

ok i got your message but i dont have andrews number so call again or something

Tags

30 things (3) 4th (3) Alaska (5) Arizona (6) art (2) Audrey-isms (26) Baby #2 (25) Baby #3 (5) Baby #4 (1) Baby Girl #1 (57) back to school feast (1) backyard (8) beach (4) Best Things About Utah List (9) Birth Stories (1) birthdays (4) books (8) bravery magazine (1) BYU sports (1) california (10) camping (2) Christmas (36) church (7) college (1) cousins (19) dad time (4) days (5) DI treasures (1) Dobbins (17) dreams (3) easter (3) Elijah (22) fall (14) Family (66) family history (2) family pictures (2) fatherhood (3) FHE (2) food (2) Friends (44) future hillary (10) goals (8) God (5) Good Old Salt Lake (28) graduations (2) grandparents (5) hair journeys (3) Halloween (4) Hanaikes (12) Hannah (19) Hilarity (11) hobbies (2) holidays (13) Home (24) house (2) Jesus Christ (6) Journal Moments (47) Just us (13) Kaia (1) Learning (7) Life before marriage (17) Life in Provo (86) Love (21) memories (4) Menieres (14) mommydaughterdates (4) mother/son time (1) Motherhood (45) mothers day (1) Movies (27) My small and simple things (20) nature (22) New Years (4) north salt lake life (52) ocean (13) parenthood (25) passions (2) pets (2) poly pride (2) ponds (1) pregnancy (6) princesses (4) projects (1) Random (24) religion (7) role models (2) Samantha (1) School (15) self improvement (1) sewing (4) shows (2) sister and brothers (9) sisters (12) sisters and brothers (12) sleeping cuteness (9) Songs (3) spring (5) summer (20) temples (7) tender mercies (16) this dobbins crew (15) traditions (8) updates (6) Vacations (20) Valentines Day (1) Videos (11) visits (11) winter (5) wonderful weekends (10) work (3)