Saturday, August 28, 2010

End of Summer

Summer has come and gone and now I'm back in Utah. I'm at my new apartment with my cousin Natalie and our friends Ellen, Lexus and Ellie. We are currently waiting for Ellen to move out so that Lexus and I can move our stuff in. We're each sitting here on our computers either blogging or facebooking. Music on, but none of us are saying much to each other. We're just in the zone I guess.

It's funny how, whether I want to or not, I fall back into this lifestyle so easily. I have mixed feelings about it. I feel permanently lazy when I'm here, even though I actually end up accomplishing a lot more than I do when I'm home. I guess I just feel more productive when I'm with my family, investing time, and sometimes money, in my relationships with people rather than in my own schooling.

Anyways, this summer I was able to do a lot of that investing. I stayed a week at Melody's house, just me and her, bonding over breakfast every morning before I dropped her off at school. I was able to go to Livermore to visit the Bennings more than once and I visited Grandma and Grandpa about once a week or so. One evening when Luke was bummed, the two of us went to 7-11, got Twix and Snickers ice cream bars and sat on the beach to eat them. Julia and I celebrated our LAST NIGHT TOGETHER AS SISTERS by sleeping in the family room and watching movies. I went on a big humongous hike with Marina, Mckay, Aubrey, and Otto. Luke and I went exploring in a beautiful forest that we never knew was so close. On one of her last nights in town Chio and I took the three boys for slurpees and a walk by the pier. Halloween party, wedding plans, downtown SF trips, Avonlea, Northern Exposure, and movies movies movies.

Overall I've had a lot of good things happen to me this summer, and I'm just not ready for it to be over yet.

No comments:

Tags

30 things (3) 4th (3) Alaska (5) Arizona (6) art (2) Audrey-isms (26) Baby #2 (25) Baby #3 (5) Baby #4 (1) Baby Girl #1 (57) back to school feast (1) backyard (8) beach (4) Best Things About Utah List (9) Birth Stories (1) birthdays (4) books (8) bravery magazine (1) BYU sports (1) california (10) camping (2) Christmas (36) church (7) college (1) cousins (19) dad time (4) days (5) DI treasures (1) Dobbins (17) dreams (3) easter (3) Elijah (22) fall (14) Family (66) family history (2) family pictures (2) fatherhood (3) FHE (2) food (2) Friends (44) future hillary (10) goals (8) God (5) Good Old Salt Lake (28) graduations (2) grandparents (5) hair journeys (3) Halloween (4) Hanaikes (12) Hannah (19) Hilarity (11) hobbies (2) holidays (13) Home (24) house (2) Jesus Christ (6) Journal Moments (47) Just us (13) Kaia (1) Learning (7) Life before marriage (17) Life in Provo (86) Love (21) memories (4) Menieres (14) mommydaughterdates (4) mother/son time (1) Motherhood (45) mothers day (1) Movies (27) My small and simple things (20) nature (22) New Years (4) north salt lake life (52) ocean (13) parenthood (25) passions (2) pets (2) poly pride (2) ponds (1) pregnancy (6) princesses (4) projects (1) Random (24) religion (7) role models (2) Samantha (1) School (15) self improvement (1) sewing (4) shows (2) sister and brothers (9) sisters (12) sisters and brothers (12) sleeping cuteness (9) Songs (3) spring (5) summer (20) temples (7) tender mercies (16) this dobbins crew (15) traditions (8) updates (6) Vacations (20) Valentines Day (1) Videos (11) visits (11) winter (5) wonderful weekends (10) work (3)