Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lessons

Anger helps me make decisions and stick with them. My problem is that my anger fades and then I don't have enough conviction to follow through. There's a new years resolution for me to write down. Not to stay angry longer, but to work on my follow through skills. I'm too passive and I don't care about things enough. That's both good and bad, because I'm able to stay happy by moving on from stupid things. But when people begin to count on the fact that I'll get over it...that's where I feel taken advantage of.

You know what I've learned from this though? First of all, college friends are not forever. And second of all, it's time for me to take matters into my own hands. I need to do things on my own. For example, this roommate has us pay rent to her and then she writes a check to the building people. I've decided that I want to pay it myself and not do it through her anymore. I need to stop depending on people too heavily, even when they offer easy ways out. How do you know who to trust???

No comments:

Tags

30 things (3) 4th (3) Alaska (5) Arizona (6) art (2) Audrey-isms (26) Baby #2 (25) Baby #3 (5) Baby #4 (1) Baby Girl #1 (57) back to school feast (1) backyard (8) beach (4) Best Things About Utah List (9) Birth Stories (1) birthdays (4) books (8) bravery magazine (1) BYU sports (1) california (10) camping (2) Christmas (36) church (7) college (1) cousins (19) dad time (4) days (5) DI treasures (1) Dobbins (17) dreams (3) easter (3) Elijah (22) fall (14) Family (66) family history (2) family pictures (2) fatherhood (3) FHE (2) food (2) Friends (44) future hillary (10) goals (8) God (5) Good Old Salt Lake (28) graduations (2) grandparents (5) hair journeys (3) Halloween (4) Hanaikes (12) Hannah (19) Hilarity (11) hobbies (2) holidays (13) Home (24) house (2) Jesus Christ (6) Journal Moments (47) Just us (13) Kaia (1) Learning (7) Life before marriage (17) Life in Provo (86) Love (21) memories (4) Menieres (14) mommydaughterdates (4) mother/son time (1) Motherhood (45) mothers day (1) Movies (27) My small and simple things (20) nature (22) New Years (4) north salt lake life (52) ocean (13) parenthood (25) passions (2) pets (2) poly pride (2) ponds (1) pregnancy (6) princesses (4) projects (1) Random (24) religion (7) role models (2) Samantha (1) School (15) self improvement (1) sewing (4) shows (2) sister and brothers (9) sisters (12) sisters and brothers (12) sleeping cuteness (9) Songs (3) spring (5) summer (20) temples (7) tender mercies (16) this dobbins crew (15) traditions (8) updates (6) Vacations (20) Valentines Day (1) Videos (11) visits (11) winter (5) wonderful weekends (10) work (3)